Listen up, founders: You can't afford to ignore learning how to sell, even if you plan to hire full-time salespeople or outsource the selling of your product to professionals. This is because you need to learn how to sell your product or service before you teach others to sell it for you.
But, as you might already know, selling is easier said than done; you can't only rely on logic and what you think are the obvious benefits of your product to close a deal. You must also understand how your customers' emotions impact their decisions.
In this course, you'll learn how to close deals (and teach others to do so) by improving your emotional intelligence and applying that newfound intellect to create a 60-second sales pitch and a trackable, custom sales funnel.
Additionally, expert instructor Jessica Magoch, who grew a startup from $0 in sales to $40 million, will share a personal sales pitch formula, a 17-page sales template, and curated sales tools that she uses to close deals.
This course is right for you if:
- You want to learn who your ideal customer is and how they think
- You've built an MVP and are ready to attract your first customers
- You've tried selling your product by touting its benefits, but that's not getting it done
- Your startup's sales are flat and 'just winging it' isn't helping anymore
- You're able to move customers through parts of the sales funnel, but keep getting stuck in one area
- You're ready to bring on a sales team and need to teach them how to sell your product
- You waste time doing manual sales work that could be automated if you only knew how
You will learn:
- The logical and emotional reasons why people buy
- How to define your ideal customer and sell to them
- How to create a 60-second sales pitch for your business
- How to set up a sales funnel for your business
- How to track your sales funnels' metrics so you can improve them
- Tools that you can use to automate part of the funnel and improve your conversions
Jessica has been training and leading startup sales teams for fifteen years. In her last role, she recruited, trained, and managed a team of 50 commission-only sales people who went from selling $0 to $40M in five years. Currently, Jessica runs JPM Sales Partners, a sales recruiting, training, and management firm that helps companies build, train, and manage their sales teams.
With a special interest in social enterprises, Jessica is the Philadelphia Ambassador to the Pipeline Fellowship, a bootcamp that teaches women how to angel invest. She teaches sales strategy workshops for startup accelerators including UPenn’s EDSI Ed Tech Accelerator and the Collider’s Accelerator.