Facebook Messenger, Snapchat Stories, Uber Pool — we know these features and use them every day. In a way, they (and not Uber, Snapchat, or Facebook) have become the product for many of us.
But before these three features became wildly popular (and useful), they were mere ideas. How did companies like Facebook, Snapchat, and Uber develop them into billion-dollar features?
By mastering the user experience, or UX, behind them. That means these companies carefully studied their customers and designed new features that reflected their needs and enhanced every interaction they had with the product. This is the science of UX design.
Don’t let those two letters, UX, scare you. There’s no reason you can’t apply the same framework and processes that professional UX and product designers use to transform ideas into fully researched and tested features that users love.
You will learn every step that product designers take to brainstorm and execute new features. By the end of course, you will be able to confidently map and launch your own features.
You will start by learning UX processes and move on to discovering what your customer types and journeys are. Next, you will learn how to apply all of your customer research into wireframes and concept designs — and how to usability test these assumptions and designs. Finally, you will learn how to transform these designs into fully functioning, robust features.
You will travel the same path that the top UX designers tread when they work up a feature.
You will learn the following and bring it to your product…
- The Agile UX process
- The Lean UX process
- The entire UX roadmap from idea to product and style guide
- How to conduct user research (template and tips)
- User type matrix
- Customer persona and journey demos
- Creating concept designs and wireframing
- Usability testing
- Design mockups, sitemaps, and workflows
- Style guides and annotations
- THE ENTIRE UX DESIGN ROADMAP
This course is right for you if...
- You’re building an app or service
- You want to move from idea to product
- You want to learn how to do customer research
- You want to figure out if your users need a feature
- You want to know how to test features
- You don’t know how to mock up and wireframe product designs
- You need to know how to transition from research to design
Jacqueline is the CEO and Founder of UX Gofer and User Experience Research and Design, Inc (UXRD). She has been doing user experience research and design since 1999. Her areas of expertise are UX strategy, user research, and product design.
UX Gofer is a new UX tool. It is a web and mobile app that makes User Experience Research easier and faster.
Jacqueline has worked with companies ranging from one-person startups to industry leaders such as Microsoft, Staples, Fidelity Investments, the Federal Reserve Bank, JP Morgan Chase, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Reebok, Zumba Fitness, and others.