Building a strong team is critical to success. Finding the right people to join you on the entrepreneurial journey is one of the hardest things you will need to do. You’ve probably heard Venture Capitalists say over and over again, the team is everything… well because it is. The first 10 individuals that you bring onboard, including your cofounder, will make or break your company. The purpose of this course is to provide a roadmap and checklist of the do’s and don’ts when recruiting your cofounder, advisors, and first employees. In this comprehensive program, you will learn what it actually takes to build and structure a team properly. Noam Wasserman, author of The Founder's Dilemmas: Anticipating and Avoiding the Pitfalls That Can Sink a Startup and professor at Harvard links CoFounder problems to be responsible for 62% of company failures.
This course is right for you if:
- If you are looking for business partners
- If you are managing a team of 2 or more
- If you are thinking about bringing on advisors or board members
- If you are looking to improve your leadership skills
- If you’re thinking about starting your business and need some guidance on how to find and setup the optimal team structure
- If you’re building your startup and you now need to recruit your first 10 employees
Serial founder and angel investor, Tanya led the charge at Onevest Corporation, the holding company for 1000 Angels, an invite-only highly curated venture investing community and CoFoundersLab.com, one of the largest online entrepreneurial communities focused on helping early stage founders build their team (find cofounders, advisors, board members and early hires), learn through online certification programs and discussion boards. Tanya has led 2 company acquisitions to date and helped startups raise millions in Seed and Series A capital. She is also a contributor writer for Forbes and Fortune.
Before Onevest, Tanya worked at Forbes and FOX News and holds a BBA in Design and Management from Parsons School of Design.