Regardless of whether you run a business, want to make a site for yourself, or are testing web features or a minimum viable product, you need to have a well-designed website.
Today, consumers are doing the majority of their shopping and research online, and they're assessing business' credibility by looking at their websites.
- 59% of small business owners say their businesses grew after they built a website, according to GoDaddy.
- 83% of small business owners with websites believe they have a competitive advantage over businesses that don't have a website
- 94% of consumers cited web design as the reason they rejected or mistrusted a website, according to SME Web Statistics.
A business, even a minimum viable product, must have a web presence, and it can't look like it was designed in a rush years ago. That doesn't mean it has took take you dozens of hours or cost you thousands of dollars to outsource, however.
In this course, you will learn how to build and manage your own beautiful, user-friendly website in just a few hours by following live demonstrations taught by Tumblr's former lead engineer.
You will learn how to...
- Set up a Wordpress site
- Pick your own stunning design
- Create an amazing homepage
- Build blog posts and contact pages
- Incorporate an email list and check-out page
- Run Google Analytics for your website
- And, most importantly, turn your website into a revenue machine
This course is right for you if:
- You're starting a business and need a web presence
- You're building a minimum viable product
- You have an existing business, but no website
- Your website was hastily thrown together, and you want a beautiful, re-designed homepage
- You want to build a sales and check-out page on your website
- You want to layer Google Analytics, blog posts, and newsletter signups onto your site
- You want to build a custom site without having to pay a freelancer thousands of dollars
- You want to build a website that doesn't take you an entire month to complete
StartCourse Overview: About your coach (0:33)
StartWhat is WordPress and why is it good for you? (1:24)
StartChoosing a Wordpress Host (5:24)
StartSetting up your WordPress (3:00)
StartAdding your first pages (3:56)
StartCreating a contact page (2:30)
StartUnderstanding blog posts (1:55)
StartCustomizing the look and feel of your blog (3:40)
StartCreating an amazing homepage (8:18)
StartIntegrating a newsletter sign-up: MailChimp (4:28)
StartAdding a check-out page (7:27)
StartTracking Google Analytics (5:42)
As a software developer and technical leader, Drew Butler has worked with numerous companies over the last decade to develop their products and grow their user bases. Starting during the infancy of the web, Drew has been building websites for over 20-years and has held a variety of roles, including software developer, CTO, and advisor.
Drew's core expertise is in product building and is well versed in both the technical aspect of engineering a website and in the process of developing ideas into money-making ventures. He is the also the former CTO for Onevest, the parent company of CoFoundersLab and remains as a technical advisor.
Prior to Onevest, Drew was a lead Engineer with Tumblr prior to and leading up to the acquisition by Yahoo! for $1.1 billion in the summer of 2013.
Today, Drew works while traveling the world with his family and looks forward to bootstrapping his next venture.